Hot sauce and Mexican food go hand-in-hand. Its spicy and filling ingredients don't have to be overloaded with carbs. Try this Mexican Creamed Cauliflower recipe and then tell us it isn't possible!
- 2 (1 pound) bags frozen cauliflower florets
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1/2 stick butter
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 small can diced green chilies, drained
- 1 small container diced red pimentos
- 2 cups shredded cheese
- 1 teaspoon ground paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon (or more) of Forager Mike’s Mesquite Hot Sauce
- In a large pot cover cauliflower with water, add a teaspoon of salt and boil until soft. Drain water and return cooked cauliflower to the same large pot.
- Add cream cheese, butter, onions and green chilies.
- Use your potato masher as you would mash potatoes.
- Next add paprika and Forager Mike’s Mesquite to taste and stir to mix.
- Then add 1 cup shredded cheese and pimentos. Stir to mix well.
- Now, pour into a large baking dish.
- And top with remaining 1 cup of shredded cheese.
- Bake at 400 for 20-30 minutes, until beginning to brown slightly on top.