Forager Mike is a Force Recon Marine Combat Veteran with aspirations of serving humanity through both food and social justice for future sustainability. Mike is a graduate of the Veterans Sustainable Agriculture Training (VSAT) program, which has been an instrumental asset in the success for transitioning Veterans from the military to civilian life and the business world.
Mike is a Raw food chef, a wild food forager, primitive wilderness survivalist, dedicated father, technological futurist, humanitarian, nutritionist, and an environmental social scientist. In formulating Dang!!! it’s good Sauce, his goal was to create a Sauce that was extremely beneficial to a person’s health sustainability, and presenting exuberant taste and quality as well, while maintaining the highest beneficial integrity of the food.
A six (6) week course in Organics, Hydroponics, and Sustainable Agriculture, in partnership with Mira Costa College, based in Escondido, CA.
Student will be able to have a better understanding to the types of self employment and/or employment in Sustainable Agriculture in the following categories:
- Sustainable Agriculture
- Organic Production Methods
- Green House Production
- Irrigation maintenance and installation and sales
- Farmers Market management
- Farm ownership and or Farm Management
Certificate and Work Skills Training Programs:
- Introduction to Small Business Association (SBA) and S.C.O.R.E. (Small business advisors)
- Building a Business plan model
- Résumé building and introductions to agriculture leaders who are hiring with questions and answers to what they look for
- One year follow up for employment opportunities / business opportunities
- Third party administered exam for Certified Agriculture Irrigation Specialist, recognized nation wide
- Certificate of completion from Archi’s Acres, VSAT based on 70% or better on final exam
- Certificate from Mira Costa College